Casio’s iconic and immortal G-Shock watch line goes smart with the release of the first model featuring Google’s Wear OS operating system. This is the rugged new GSW-H1000, a unique smartwatch in its class. This particular Casio line dates back to the 1980s and its watches have a reputation for being some of the toughest around. The Japanese company had already produced other smartwatches in the Pro Trek line based on Google’s operating system, but still none belonging to the G-Shock range.
The GSW-H1000 is packed with many of the features expected from a fitness-focused smartwatch and more for lovers of extreme and outdoor sports. In addition to the inevitable heart rate monitor, GPS and compass, we also find a barometer, an altimeter, a tide indicator and support for 15 activities and 24 training options. In addition, thanks to Wear OS there is also support for Google Assistant and Google Fit, as well as all applications downloadable from the Play Store. Waterproof up to 20 bar (ISO 22810) it is perfect for free diving without scuba gear.
The watch features a 1.2-inch 360 x 360 dual-layer display that combines an always-on monochrome LCD display paired with a color LCD panel. Using the color display, the battery life is estimated to be around a day and a half, while using the watch in monochrome mode its life will reach around a month. With the supplied magnetic charger, fully charging the lithium-ion battery takes approximately three hours.
Three color combinations: black, blue and red. All are made with a synthetic resin case and strap, an ideal material, extremely resistant and flexible, able to tolerate sudden changes in temperature. The titanium back is solid and light, the display coating is made of sturdy scratch-resistant mineral glass.
- Wear OS by Google works with phones running the latest version of Android (excluding Go edition and phones without Google Play Store) or iOS. Includes an original Casio app with support for a variety of sports. From training activities like running, indoor workouts and swimming to biking, snowboarding and fishing, the app includes 15 activities and 24 indoor workout options for use in a wide range of athletic settings.
- Shock Resistant, 200 M (660 FT) Water Resistant, Waterproof Microphone, GPS, Heart Rate Monitor
- Multi-information display View measurement data such as pace and heart rate in a three-tiered display layout. Customize and rearrange data points to create just the screen display to suit your purpose.
- CASIO's APPS Quickly access the G-SHOCK MOVE PRO’s diverse array of functions. Swipe around the periphery of the screen to scroll through icons and locate the Heart Rate Monitor, Map and other features with ease. Button operation also available for use with gloves.
- Dual-layer display offers outstanding visibility. Enjoy optimal multi-function display with the digital layer and auto switching between time and watch functions with the analog. Choose from three different types of watch faces to suit the setting or your preferred style. Settings options also allow customization of background patterns and theme colors.